Who doesn't want to look better for summer? Increasing muscle tone isn't as difficult as you think. Here are some nutrients (and some ways you can get them) that can help increase muscle tone:
1. Vitamin C: Found in strawberries, red bell pepper, half an orange
2. Vitamin D: Get some sunshine on your skin (in moderation) or add you can take a supplement. Taking the supplement is often a great idea because most of us are deficient!
3. Fish Oil: Take an omega-3 supplement with DHA and EPA. you can also eat 6 oz of salmon!
4. Calcium: Consume some dark leafy greens. These are greens like kale, chard, and spinach.
5. Magnesium: Spinach, nuts, legumes, whole grains, chocolate/cacao all contain magnesium. You can also soak in a magnesium/epsom salt bath which is great for sore muscle relief!
6. B Vitamins: Eat some grass-feed beef/bison, whole grains, legumes, leafy greens, or nuts. They all contain the great Vitamin B.
7. Vitamin E: Snack on a handful of raw almonds and get your vitamin E.