Sometimes, there's just no time! To workout that is...and while getting in regular exercise is important for your health, sometimes hitting the gym for an hour long workout just isn't an option. Fortunately we've got some super effective ways of boosting your metabolism and keeping it going all day long without cramming in a midnight sweat sesh, which is just no fun!
- Get Spicy! Spice up your meals with natural spices like cayenne, paprika, and red chilies to boost flavor and your metabolism, without any unwanted calories or fat!
- Stand up! Sitting for a long time burns way fewer cals, and can lead to weight gain. Consider investing in a standing desk or station that allows to you stand and sit, take frequent trips to get water and stretch. Any movement helps!
- Drink your H2O! Get yourself a reusable water bottle and get to sippin! Try to take in half your body weight in ounces, even mild dehydration can slow your metabolic rate.
- Break your fast! That's right, don't skip breakfast. Getting that first meal (ideally high protein meal) within an hour of waking will jumpstart your system for the day.
- Finally, chill out! When we are stressed, our bodies release cortisol and too much cortisol slows down our metabolism and increases our ability to hold onto fat. Take some time to unwind and relax!